|Our ringworm treatment products can be used on children two years and up.|
- Ringworm is a fungal disease of the skin that can trouble animals and people, and is seen in many different varieties.
- Ringworm can be spreadby spores coming from from the fungus, and is durable and spreads quickly.
- The fungus itself is responsible for several similar conditions, athlete�s foot among them, and it is not necessary for one to one contact to prolong the disease.
- Ringworm will be seen on different parts of the body and shows itself in various ways.
- When the ringworm fungus appears on the body is will be as a flat and round patch that itches and irritates, and on the foot the signs are scaling and breaking of the skin
- Ringworm can also get toones nails, where it causes them to become thicker and change colour, and often become brittle.
- Any discolouring or alteration in the form of the skin can be a sign of ringworm, and it will become more obvious between four and ten days of being infected by the spore.
- Ringworm is easily spread and, therefore, simple to catch, and can be transferred in lots of ways.
- By being in contact with a person or animal who is already carrying ringworm a person can easily be infected, and likewise, by touching animals that carry the fungus.
- Ringworm is prevalent in cats and dogs, and also in other animals, and baby cats in particular transfer the fungus by rubbing against other cats and humans.
- Ringworm is frequently spread via the floors of showers - mainly public venues used by different people - as the fungus thrives in damp areas.
- The first step to take in treating ringworm is to limit any contact with a carrier to the minimum,
- In addition it is important that any given treatments are completed, as courses of ringworm treatment are meant to be effective over a set time.
- Believing the ringworm has been eradicated and finishing before that time can help it to reoccur.
- It is vital that a patient is given the right treatment, as hoping for ringworm to simply go away prolongs the period over which it can be spread among others.
- Important advice is that people should not share personal things that could spread ringworm; hair brushes and combs, towels and cloths,
- Items of clothing and importantly hats should not be shared with other people, in particular if there is a confirmed ringworm patient already.
- If a pet with ringworm is the patient then have it treated and keep contact to only essential time, in particular cats who are the most probable to spread the fungus.
- There are a great number of treatments available for ringworm, and these can be creams and lotions through sprays and washes.
- The most successful treatments for ringworm are the ones that show attention to detail and eradication of the increase of the fungus.
- To keep away from ringworm, towels and all bathing tools are cleaned regularly and replaced with new items on a frequent basis.
- Ringworm can spread if left to get out of control, and remember that it is not needed to touch an affected animal or person to become infected.
Last update: 06:41 PM Tuesday, March 31, 2009