Oral products for ringworm are only available through doctor's prescription. Please review side effects before going with this option.
- Ringworm is a fungal disease of the skin that may be seen in animals and us, and is found in many different forms.
- Ringworm is passed aroundby spores emitted from the fungus, and is durable and spreads quickly.
- The problem itself is responsible for several similar conditions, athlete�s foot among them, and it is not vital for one to one contact to spread the disease.
- Ringworm can occur on many parts of the body and shows itself in various ways.
- When the disease of ringworm is found on the body is will be as a flat and round mark that itches and irritates, and on the foot the signs are scaling and marking of the skin
- Ringworm will also affectthe nails, where it causes them to become thicker and appear discoloured, and even become brittle.
- Any darkening or change in the form of the skin can be a sign of ringworm, and it will become more easily noticed between four and ten days of being affected by the spore.
- Ringworm is virulent and, as a result, very easy to catch, and can be passed on in many ways.
- By finding oneself in contact with one who is already carrying ringworm we can easily be affected, and likewise, by touching animals that carry the fungus.
- Ringworm is virulent in cats and dogs, and also in farm animals, and young cats in particular transfer the fungus by rubbing against other cats and humans.
- Ringworm is frequently spread via the floors of showers - mainly public venues used by a number of people - as the fungus lives in damp areas.
- The main step to remember in treating ringworm is to limit any contact with a carrier to the minimum,
- In addition it is imperative that any prescribed treatments are completed, as courses of ringworm treatment are meant to be effective over a set time.
- Expecting the ringworm has gone and ending before that time can help it to reoccur.
- It is imperative that a patient is given the correct treatment, as expecting ringworm to simply go away extends the period over which it may be spread among others.
- Good advice is that we should not share personal items that may spread ringworm; hair brushes and combs, towels and other washing items,
- Items of personal use and importantly hats should not be shared with other people, in particular if there is a known ringworm patient already.
- Assuming a dog or cat with ringworm is the patient then have it treated and keep contact to only essential time, in particular cats who are the most widely held to spread the fungus.
- There are a great number of treatments available for ringworm, and these come in the form of creams and lotions through sprays and washes.
- The most successful treatments for ringworm involve attention to detail and prevention of the increase of the fungus.
- To ease ringworm, towels and items of bathing tools are replaced regularly and replaced with clean items on a common basis.
- Ringworm will increase if left to get out of control, and be aware that it is not essential to touch an infected animal or person to become infected.
Last update: 08:25 AM Wednesday, April 1, 2009