|Scabies will not go away if they are left untreated. The scabies infestation will only get worse.|
- Scabies is a highly versatile condition of the skin that is brought about by minisacule mites.
- The Scabies Mite brings about the condition by eating into the skin to produce eggs.
- The mite is practically invisible to the human eye and it is a very common complaint to be infected with scabies.
- A female scabies mite tunnels to lay, and barely into the very upper layer of the skin. She eats the skin as she burrows and stays in the burrow for her lifetime.
- Once living in the burrow the scabies mite should initiate laying almost immediately and will do so more than once each day and over a period of up to two months.
- The scabies eggs become young mites in a little number of days, and climb out from the burrow to exist on the hair follicle.
- In as little as four days the scabies mite reaches laying age and hunts for a mate, after which the female will go over the process again, burrowing into the skin to lay her eggs.
- The Scabies patient may notice small bites or pimples at first and it is worth being aware that the mites breed in warm and moist areas.
- Scabies will most likely be seen in the armpits or on the chest, and in the genital area, the fingers, and anywhere where jewellery forms a warm spot.
- Areas where there are creases in the skin are popular with the scabies mite and are usual spots for the mites to be found.
- Sufferers with Scabies could notice irritation - often very intense and most likely at night - and the appearance of a red rash, and will be inclined to scratch the area affected.
- In younger patients it is common for the scabies mite to appear on the soles of the feet and the palms, in addition to on the scalp, while in babies it is generally the neck and head that are most often affected.
- Itching and irritation comes about becausae of an allergic reaction that the body undergoes thanks to the presence of the scabies mites, and is usually very painful indeed.
- As the scabies irritation increases the sufferer may experience hardening of the skin, with crusty and scaly skin appearing in time.
- In those with sensitive skin, or those with serious scabies infection nodular scabies could be the result.
- Nodular Scabies is a disease and is prevalent when debris left behind by the mite becomes embedded under the skin.
- As scabies could become serious and painful if left untreated it is essential that the best treatment is used for the specified time.
- The elderly and those with susceptible immune systems are most likely to suffer from serious cases of scabies, and should be concerned as a result.
- Like a number of similar problems scabies is particularly contagious and it does not necessarily need one to come into direct contact with a sufferer to become infected.
- Lying in a bed or sitting in a chair that has been used by a sufferer can induce scabies infection, as can close contact with the sufferer.
- Scabies is sometimes found in nursing homes where the elderly reside, and in persons who work in the medical profession and come into contact with patients.
Last update: 09:43 AM Friday, April 3, 2009