|Our scabies medicated products are recommended for anyone two years of age and up.|
- Scabies is a very versatile disease of the skin and is caused by minisacule mites.
- The Scabies Mite brings about the infection by eating into the skin to produce eggs.
- The mite is practically invisible to the sufferer and it is a generally common occurrence to be troubled with scabies.
- A female scabies mite digs to lay, and barely into the very first layer of the skin. She eats the skin as she tunnels and stops in the burrow for her lifetime.
- Once settled in the burrow the scabies mite will initiate laying almost at that moment and will do so more than once each day and over a period of up to two months.
- The scabies eggs are born in a few days, and emerge from the burrow to feast on a hair follicle.
- In as few as four days the scabies mite reaches maturity and searches for a mate, at which point the female will go over the process again, burrowing into the skin to lay her eggs.
- The Scabies patient may notice small bites or pimples in the first instance and it is worth being aware that the mites breed in warm and moist areas.
- Scabies will most frequently be seen in the armpits or on the chest, and in the genital area, the fingers, and anywhere where jewellery creates a warm enclave.
- Parts of the body where there are creases in the skin are often infected with the scabies mite and are common spots for the condition to be found.
- Those infected with Scabies could notice itching - often very intense and most commonly at night - and the appearance of a red rash, and will be inclined to scratch the area affected.
- In youngsters it is usual for the scabies mite to appear on the soles of the feet and the palms, and maybe also on the scalp, while in babies it is often the neck and head that are most often affected.
- Itching and irritation is becausae of an allergic reaction that the body has to the presence of the scabies mites, and is sometimes very painful indeed.
- As the scabies suffering spreads the infected person could experience hardening of the skin, with crusty and scaly areas appearing in time.
- In persons with particularly sensitive skin, or those with serious scabies infection nodular scabies may be the result.
- Nodular Scabies is a disease that comes about when debris left behind by the mite is embedded under the skin.
- As scabies may become nasty and painful if left untreated it is essential that the right treatment is given for the specified time.
- The elderly and others with weak immune systems are most likely to suffer from severe cases of scabies, and should be careful as a result.
- Like many similar complaints scabies is notably contagious and it does not necessarily need one to come into direct contact with a patient to become infected.
- Sleeping in a bed or resting in a chair that has been inhabited by a sufferer can bring about scabies infection, as can close contact with the individual.
- Scabies is sometimes found in nursing homes where the elderly reside, and in those who work in the attached profession and come into contact with sufferers.
Last update: 01:12 PM Thursday, April 2, 2009