|Our PuraCleenRx Disinfectant Spray is a completely safe and non-toxic scabies formula. It will not harm your family or your pets if you touch the spray.|
- Scabies is a very versatile condition of the skin which is caused by miniature mites.
- The Scabies Mite causes the condition by tunnelling into ones skin to produce eggs.
- The mite is practically invisible to us and it is a generally common complaint to be troubled with scabies.
- A female scabies mite tunnels to lay, and just into the very top layer of the skin. She eats the skin as she burrows and stays in the burrow for her lifetime.
- Once living in the burrow the scabies mite might start laying almost straight away and will do so more than once each day and over a period of up to two months.
- The scabies eggs are born in a little number of days, and come out from the burrow to feast on the hair follicle.
- In as little time as as four days the scabies mite reaches maturity and searches for a mate, after which the female will begin the process again, burrowing into the skin to lay her eggs.
- The Scabies patient might notice tiny bites or pimples initially and it is worth knowing that the mites breed in warm and moist areas.
- Scabies will most commonly be present in the armpits or on the chest, as well as the genital area, the fingers, and anywhere where jewellery presents a warm spot.
- Areas where there are folds in the skin are popular with the scabies mite and are prime spots for the infection to be found.
- Sufferers with Scabies will notice itching - often very intense and most often at night - and the appearance of a red rash, and will be inclined to scratch the area concerned.
- In youngsters it is general for the scabies mite to appear on the soles of the feet and the palms, and also on the scalp, while in babies it is generally the neck and head that are most often affected.
- Itching and irritation comes about as a result of an allergic reaction that the body has to the presence of the scabies mites, and is usually very harmful indeed.
- As the scabies infection spreads the sufferer could experience hardening of the skin, with crusty and scaly spots appearing in time.
- In people with sensitive skin, or those with serious scabies signs nodular scabies could be the result.
- Nodular Scabies is a type which occurs when debris left behind by the mite becomes trapped under the skin.
- As scabies may become serious and severe if left untreated it is essential that the right treatment is given for the specified time.
- The aged and those with susceptible immune systems are generally likely to suffer from exaggerated cases of scabies, and should be wary as a result.
- Like lots of similar conditions scabies is notably contagious and it does not necessarily take one to come into direct contact with a patient to become infected.
- Sleeping in a bed or sitting in a chair that has been slept or sat in by a sufferer can induce scabies infection, as can close contact with the individual.
- Scabies is often found in nursing homes where the elderly reside, and in those who work in the attached profession and come into contact with cases.
Last update: 09:07 AM Friday, April 3, 2009