|You can spray the PuracleenRx Disinfectant Spray directly on your furniture to kill scabies mites. Remember nothing needs to be saturated, only lightly sprayed. Also leather furniture does not need to be treated. Only the fabric parts underneath the furniture pieces. Don't forget to check the seams.|
- Scabies is a notably easy to spread condition of the skin and is inflicted by miniature mites.
- The Scabies Mite is the cause of the condition by burrowing into our skin to harbour eggs.
- The mite is virtually invisible to us and it is a very common thing to be infected with scabies.
- A female scabies mite tunnels to lay, and just into the very first layer of the skin. She eats the skin as she burrows and stays in the burrow for her lifetime.
- Once living in the burrow the scabies mite will begin laying almost at that moment and will do so more than once a day and over a period of up to two months.
- The scabies eggs hatch in a few days, and climb out from the burrow to exist on a hair follicle.
- In as few as four days the scabies mite reaches maturity and hunts for a mate, after which the female will begin the process again, burrowing into the skin to lay her eggs.
- The Scabies patient could notice tiny bites or pimples in the first instance and it is worth knowing that the mites breed in warm and moist areas.
- Scabies will most commonly occur in the armpits or on the chest, as well as the genital area, the fingers, and anywhere where jewellery forms a warm enclave.
- Places where there are folds in the skin are popular with the scabies mite and are prime spots for the condition to be found.
- Those infected with Scabies may notice discomfort - often very intense and most often at night - and the appearance of a red rash, and will be inclined to scratch the area infected.
- In youngsters it is general for the scabies mite to thrive on the soles of the feet and the palms, and also on the scalp, while in babies it is generally the neck and head that are most often affected.
- Itching and irritation is as a result of an allergic reaction that the body gives up to the presence of the scabies mites, and is often very profound indeed.
- As the scabies suffering grows the sufferer will experience hardening of the skin, with crusty and scaly skin appearing in time.
- In those with sensitive skin, or those with serious scabies signs nodular scabies can be the result.
- Nodular Scabies is a type and is prevalent when debris left behind by the mite is left under the skin.
- As scabies may become complicated and severe if left untreated it is imperative that the best treatment is applied for the specified time.
- The aged and people with damaged immune systems are generally likely to suffer from serious cases of scabies, and should be wary as a result.
- Like a number of similar problems scabies is very contagious and it does not necessarily require one to come into direct contact with a case to become infected.
- Resting in a bed or relaxing in a chair that has been used by a sufferer can cause scabies infection, as can close contact with the patient.
- Scabies is frequently found in nursing homes where the older generation reside, and in people who work in the attached profession and come into contact with patients.
Last update: 01:15 PM Thursday, April 2, 2009